8/04/2010 Show

27 Jul 2010
Posted by jim

Alright, it's confirmed.  It's on.  James Land will be playing at the Terminal Bar in N.E. Mpls. on Wednesday, August 4th.  I would say that it's a "secret show", but I promised the club that I would promote it :D  But I am being low key, since it's really a litmus test.  This is because my live pedalboard setup is finally ready now. That is, I think it's GOOD to go, but we'll see!

When everything is working as it should, then everything is based on a guitar loop. which synchs to my drum machine. I then run my live guitar playing through additional effects as needed....  The catch is that it's somewhat tricky to make the loops synch, and sometimes it can take (at least) a few tries before it's working...

But the upside is that finally you have a "power-trio-in-1" setup that will never give exactly the same loop/tempo synch twice ... :)  Anyway, this to me will be the first true test of what i'm trying to do as a live "outfit".  But if anyone asks me casually, I'll just call it a "warm-up" show (and cross my fingers).